The cost to replace a Honda Accord tail light can vary greatly depending on several factors such as the year, model, and location. On average, it can cost anywhere from $200 to $600 for parts and labor. The cost of the tail light itself can range from $50 to $200, and the labor cost can vary from $150 to $400, depending on the location and the expertise of the mechanic.
It’s important to note that some Honda Accord tail light replacements can be a straightforward process and can be completed in under an hour, while others may require more complex procedures and take several hours to complete. This can greatly impact the labor cost.
Additionally, the cost may also vary based on the type of Honda Accord tail light being replaced. For example, if the tail light is a basic incandescent bulb, the cost may be lower compared to a more advanced LED tail light.
It’s recommended to get a quote from a certified mechanic or dealership for a more accurate estimate of the cost to replace a Honda Accord tail light. It’s also a good idea to get multiple quotes to compare prices and ensure you are getting a fair and reasonable price.
Can I Replace Honda Accord Tail Light Myself, Or Do I Have To Take It To A Mechanic?
Sure, replacing a Honda Accord tail light on a Honda Accord can be done by a DIY enthusiast with basic hand tools. Here’s a general guide to follow:
- Locate the tail light assembly: Look for the screws or clips that hold the Honda Accord tail light assembly in place and release them.
- Disconnect the wiring: Unplug the wiring harness that connects the tail light to the car’s electrical system.
- Replace the old tail light: Take out the old Honda Accord tail light assembly and replace it with a new one, making sure that it’s securely in place.
- Reconnect the wiring: Plug the wiring harness back into the new tail light assembly.
- Test the new tail light: Turn on the lights and make sure the new tail light is functioning properly.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and take necessary safety precautions while working on your car, especially when dealing with electrical systems. If you’re unsure about your ability to do the task, it’s best to seek professional assistance.
What Type Of Tail Lights Are Compatible With My Honda Accord Tail Light?
When replacing a tail light on your Honda Accord, it’s important to use a tail light that’s compatible with your vehicle.
There are two main types of tail lights for your Honda Accord:
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) tail lights: These are tail lights that are made by the same manufacturer as your vehicle and are designed to fit and function exactly like the original Honda Accord tail light.
- Aftermarket tail lights: These are tail lights made by third-party manufacturers and are designed to fit a wide range of vehicles, including the Honda Accord. They may not have the exact same fit and function as OEM tail lights but can be a more affordable option.
It’s important to choose a Honda Accord tail light that meets your specific needs, whether it’s OEM quality or an affordable aftermarket option. Make sure to check the compatibility of the tail light with your Honda Accord model and year before purchasing.
Additionally, some states have specific laws and regulations regarding the use of aftermarket Honda Accord tail light, so it’s important to check and make sure the tail light you choose is street legal in your area.
If you’re unsure about the compatibility of a Honda Accord tail light, it’s best to consult with a mechanic or a dealership for advice.