Safety is a top concern for many car buyers, and the Honda Accord EX 2004 has received high marks for safety from both the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The car received a five-star safety rating from the NHTSA for both the driver and passenger in frontal crashes and a four-star safety rating for rollover crashes. The IIHS gave the car a “Good” rating in its frontal offset crash test and a “Acceptable” rating in its side impact crash test.
In terms of safety features, the Honda Accord EX 2004 comes equipped with dual front airbags, front side airbags, and antilock brakes. Some models also come with side-curtain airbags, which can provide additional protection in the event of a side impact crash.
While the Honda Accord EX 2004 is generally considered a safe car, it’s important to keep in mind that safety ratings and features can vary depending on the specific model and year of the car. It’s also important to practice safe driving habits and follow traffic laws to reduce the risk of accidents.
How Does The Honda Accord EX 2004 Perform In Terms Of Acceleration And Handling?
The Honda Accord EX 2004 is known for its smooth and comfortable ride, but how does it perform in terms of acceleration and handling?
The car comes with a 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine that produces 160 horsepower and 161 pound-feet of torque. While this may not be the most powerful engine in its class, it provides adequate acceleration for most driving situations. The car comes with a choice of a five-speed manual or a five-speed automatic transmission.
In terms of handling, the Honda Accord EX 2004 offers a comfortable and smooth ride that is well-suited for highway cruising and city driving. The car’s suspension system is designed to absorb bumps and rough roads, which can make for a more comfortable ride for passengers. However, some drivers may find the car’s handling to be a bit soft or less responsive than other cars in its class.
Overall, the Honda Accord EX 2004 is a good choice for drivers who prioritize comfort and reliability over sporty handling and acceleration.
What Kind Of Interior Features And Amenities Does The Honda Accord EX 2004 Offer?
The Honda Accord EX 2004 is known for offering a range of features and amenities that can make driving more comfortable and convenient. Some of the interior features and amenities that come standard or are available on the car include:
- Power windows and locks: These features can make it easier to control the car’s windows and doors.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control: This feature allows the driver and front passenger to set different temperature preferences.
- Leather seats: Some models come with leather seats, which can add a touch of luxury to the car’s interior.
- Power driver’s seat: This feature allows the driver to adjust the seat position for optimal comfort.
- Moonroof: Some models come with a moonroof, which can provide a panoramic view of the sky.
- Six-disc CD changer: This feature allows the driver to listen to multiple CDs without having to change them out manually.
Overall, the Honda Accord EX 2004 offers a range of interior features and amenities that can make driving more comfortable and enjoyable. While not all of these features come standard on the car, they are available on certain models and can be added as optional upgrades.
The Accord also has many safety features that can protect you and your passengers in the event of an accident. These include:
- Front airbags: Front airbags come standard on all models and provide added protection in the event of a crash.
- Side airbags: This feature provides additional protection for both front and rear seat passengers by inflating during an impact to prevent injury.
- Electronic stability control (ESC): This system helps reduce skidding by applying brakes if necessary.