Honda Accord dashboard lights are there to alert you to possible problems in the vehicle. They may come on suddenly, or they may stay on for a while before shutting off again. In either case, it’s important to know what these lights mean so that you can get your car serviced and back on the road as soon as possible.
Why Do Honda Accord Dashboard Lights Come On?
Depending on which Honda Accord dashboard lights comes on, there are a number of different issues that might be causing it:
- Battery light – This light comes on when there’s an issue with the battery or charging system. It could mean that your alternator needs replacing or that something else is draining power away from your battery too quickly. If this light stays on for more than a few minutes or comes on repeatedly throughout the day, it could be time to replace your battery or have your charging system looked at by a professional mechanic.
- Airbag light – This light indicates whether or not your airbags are functional and ready in case of an accident. If this light is off but you think it should be lit up, check underneath your steering wheel for a button marked “reset” that will reset the system and turn everything back on again . If this light is lit up or blinking, however, it could be an indication of a malfunctioning airbag system that needs to be repaired.
- Service light – This light will come on when your vehicle needs an oil change, or if you need to take it to the mechanic for some other kind of service. It can also be used as a general indicator of engine trouble and malfunctions.
- ABS light – This light is an indication that your anti-lock brakes are malfunctioning and need to be repaired. If this light comes on, it’s best to get the vehicle’s brakes checked immediately.
- Cruise control light – If this light is lit up or blinking, it’s an indication that your cruise control is not working. This could be a problem with the vehicle’s electrical system, or it could mean that something in the car needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Low fuel light – If this light comes on, it means that your car has less than a quarter of a tank of gas left. It’s best to take the vehicle to a gas station immediately so you can refill it and prevent damage to the engine.
- Check engine light – If this light comes on, it means that there’s a problem with your vehicle’s engine and you should take it to a mechanic as soon as possible.
- Engine temperature warning light – This light is designed to tell you if your engine is overheating by displaying a red warning symbol or flashing the word “OVERHEAT” in red.
Do Honda Dashboard Lights Illuminate Indicating a Problem?
- If the Honda Accord Dashboard Lights is solid red, it means there is a problem with your car.
- If the Honda Accord Dashboard lights flashes yellow and then turns off, this indicates that your engine has overheated and you should pull over as soon as possible so you don’t damage it.
- If the Honda Accord Dashboard lights flashes yellow and then stays on after cooling down (this can take several minutes), it means that there’s still a problem with your vehicle.