The Honda Accord 2004 EX is a popular choice among mid-size sedan buyers, and it has received positive reviews from both car experts and owners. However, it’s always helpful to compare the Honda Accord 2004 EX to other cars in its class to get a better sense of its strengths and weaknesses.
Compared to other mid-size sedans in its class, this car offers a comfortable ride, good gas mileage, and a range of features that make it a great value for the price. However, it may not be the most exciting or stylish car in its class, and some owners have reported transmission issues that can be costly to repair.
Ultimately, the best mid-size sedan for you will depend on your personal preferences and priorities. If you value reliability and a comfortable ride, the Honda Accord 2004 EX may be the right choice for you. If you’re looking for a more exciting driving experience or a more stylish car, you may want to consider other options.
What Are Some Common Problems With The Honda Accord 2004 EX?
While the Honda Accord 2004 EX is generally considered a reliable car, there are some common issues that owners should be aware of. Some of the most common problems with this car include:
- Transmission problems: As mentioned earlier, some owners have reported issues with the car’s transmission. Symptoms of transmission problems can include slipping gears, rough shifting, and delayed engagement.
- Air conditioning issues: Some owners have reported problems with the air conditioning system, including poor performance and leaks.
- Power window problems: Some owners have reported issues with the power windows, including failure to open or close properly.
- Brake problems: Some owners have reported issues with the brakes, including noise and vibration when braking.
- Engine problems: While the Honda Accord 2004 EX is generally considered reliable, some owners have reported issues with the engine, including oil leaks and a burning smell.
If you’re considering buying a used Honda Accord 2004 EX, it’s important to have the car inspected by a mechanic to check for any of these common problems. Addressing these issues early on can help you avoid costly repairs down the road.
What Kind Of Gas Mileage Can You Expect From A Honda Accord 2004 EX?
The Honda Accord 2004 EX is known for its good gas mileage, particularly on the highway. With the manual transmission, the car gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. With the automatic transmission, the car gets an EPA-estimated 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway.
Of course, actual gas mileage can vary depending on driving habits, road conditions, and other factors. Some owners have reported getting even better gas mileage than the EPA estimates, while others have reported lower gas mileage.
If you’re concerned about fuel economy, there are some steps you can take to improve the gas mileage of your Honda Accord 2004 EX. These include:
- Keeping your tires properly inflated: Underinflated tires can decrease gas mileage.
- Avoiding aggressive driving: Rapid acceleration, speeding, and hard braking can all decrease gas mileage.
- Regular maintenance: Keeping your car well-maintained can help it run more efficiently and get better gas mileage. This includes things like changing the oil, replacing the air filter, and checking the tire pressure.
- Using the right type of fuel: The 2004 Honda Accord EX is designed to run on regular unleaded gasoline, so using a higher octane fuel won’t improve performance or gas mileage.
Overall, the Honda Accord 2004 EX is a good choice for car buyers who prioritize fuel economy. Its good gas mileage, particularly on the highway, can save you money on fuel costs over time.