The 2004 Honda Accord EX is a mid-size sedan that comes with a range of features that make it a popular choice among car buyers. Some of the key features of this car include:
- Engine: The 2004 Honda Accord EX is powered by a 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder engine that produces 160 horsepower and 161 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission: The 2004 Honda Accord EX comes with a 5-speed manual transmission or an optional 5-speed automatic transmission.
- Fuel economy: The 2004 Honda Accord EX gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway with a manual transmission, 24 mpg for both city and highway driving when equipped with automatic.
- Safety: The 2004 Honda Accord EX comes with standard safety features such as front and side airbags, anti-lock brakes, and stability control.
- Interior features: The Honda Accord EX comes with features such as power windows, power locks, power mirrors, a power moonroof, a 6-disc CD changer, and a 6-speaker audio system.
- Exterior features: The Honda Accord EX features 16-inch alloy wheels, a rear spoiler, and a chrome exhaust finisher.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning 2004 Honda Accord EX?
- Reliability: Honda has a reputation for producing reliable cars, and the 2004 Honda Accord EX is no exception. Owners of the Honda Accord EX report few mechanical problems and have good things to say about the car’s overall dependability.
- Fuel economy: The 2004 Honda Accord EX gets good gas mileage, especially on the highway. This can translate into significant cost savings for the owner over time.
- Comfort: The 2004 Honda Accord EX offers a comfortable ride and a spacious interior, making it a great car for longer road trips or daily commutes.
- Safety: The 2004 Honda Accord EX comes with standard safety features that include front and side airbags, anti-lock brakes, and stability control.
- Transmission issues: Some Honda Accord EX owners report problems with the car’s transmission, particularly with the automatic transmission. Fixing this issue can be very expensive.Expensive repairs: Although the 2004 Honda Accord EX is generally considered a reliable car, repairs can be expensive, particularly if they involve the car’s engine or transmission.
- Lack of advanced features: Compared to newer cars, the 2004 Honda Accord EX lacks some of the advanced features that many car buyers expect today, such as a rearview camera or touchscreen infotainment system.
What Should You Look For When Buying A Used 2004 Honda Accord EX?
If you’re considering buying a used 2004 Honda Accord EX, there are several things you should look for to ensure that you’re getting a good deal.
- Transmission: Some 2004 Honda Accord EX owners report issues with the car’s transmission. Be sure to take the car for a test drive and pay close attention to how the transmission feels. If you notice any slipping or jerking, it could be a sign that there are transmission problems.
- Engine: It’s also important to pay attention to the car’s engine. Look for signs of wear or damage, such as leaks or rust. You may also want to have a mechanic inspect the engine to ensure that it is in good working order.
- Interior and exterior condition: Check the interior and exterior of the car for any damage, such as scratches or dents. Make sure all the features and functions are in working order, including the air conditioning, audio system, and power windows and locks.
- Mileage: The Honda Accord EX is known for its reliability, but it’s still important to consider the car’s mileage when making a purchase. A high mileage car may be more prone to mechanical issues and may require more frequent maintenance.
In conclusion, the 2004 Honda Accord EX is a reliable and popular mid-size sedan with a range of features that make it a great choice for car buyers. However, as with any used car, it’s important to do your due diligence before making a purchase.